Subject: Paul DeLay, Norton Buffalo
Author:  Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx at aix
Date:    3/5/95 2:50 PM

I went to the Paul Delay/Norton Buffalo show last night.  It was pretty
impressive.  Delay was unbelievable.  He did a lot of amazing stuff on his
chromatic that is making me consider buying one (as if I could ever play
like that ;-)  Anyways, I was also impressed by his vocals, he sung better
than I would have thought.  It was a very lively concert, he seemed
pumped.
Norton Buffalo seems to me to be a waste of a great talent.  His harp was
pretty awesome and he did a lot of stuff that I'd never heard done with
harps before, so that was cool.  But I hate his voice (he tries too hard
to sound soulful and ends up sounding like he should be on one of those,
"warm rock to listen to while you work" stations.).  Also, he uses a
keyboard to get all these effects that just annoy me.  Anyways, so I hated
the majority of his songs except for his solos and there were some sweet
slide guitar solos.  He wasn't nearly as amiable as Delay was either.  He
came across as a conceited, annoying guy with a horrible voice whereas
Delay was humble and funny and played spectacularly.

   -Tom Hinkle-