NetScape vs. Mosaic

On Feb. 21, 1995, Chris Pierce writes:
>>G JACKSON <G.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>       I just wanted to make a couple of small comments on the header
>>subject.  Someone (I *think* it was Tim ) said tha he found Netscape much
>>better than Moasic. Aslo that Moasic was not being updated.
>>  *snip*
>>a) Netscape works so S---------L----------O-----------W---------L-------Y.

>Netscape is slow because your system is slow.  I run NetScape off a
>SunSparc Station and it is VERY FAST!
>
>I realize we can't all have real quick machines, but I think that the
>HTML 2.0 stuff is worth the wait.

>>b) Re: Mosaic not being updated.
>>...it does not need to be updated anyway.

>I disagree.  Since HTML 2.0 and later versions will be in full effect
>soon (2.0 already is) then it DOES need to be updated (or everyone
>needs to switch to NetScape).

Well, I almost got Mosaic installed, but will switch to NetScape soon
before even trying out Mosaic.  I hope my computer gurus know of what
they speak -- they seem to agree with you, Chris.

	Actually, this is my message to you sending thanks for starting up
Harp-L.  I've only been net-surfing a couple months, but being a "closet
harmonicist" for 15 years or so, this mail list is a real hoot!  I think
I will be able to inject a few things of interest now and then, but will
probably sit back and enjoy the banter from afar most of the time, and
am already learning more than I ever thought I would about playing the
harp.  I've picked up so many hints and ideas about the instrument, the
music, techniques, possible cd's to acquire, etc.....it's AMAZING!

	I 've wondered if you ever imagined Harp-L would expand into this?
I'm trying to go back and read all the entries since its inception, but
its hard just to keep up with the current stuff.  Isn't it incredible?!
Has it all affected your harping?  I'd be surprised if it hasn't.

	I still have my first harp, a Blues Harp in D, and I still use
it.  (I sort of LIKE how it's broken in!) :)  Most that I've owned have
been Blues Harps--Yeah, this Tallahassee Lassie, like other lady harpers,
finds the thinness of them more comfortable in smaller hands than some
other harps.  I do have an Eb Special 20 that I really do enjoy, and a
couple of old Marine Bands around here...somewhere......I think....?  If
I can find them, I plan to use them to try some of the harp surgery I've
read about in some of these posts--ya never know!  Might be worth it!

	Mainly, I love the blues, and have more than a few albums, tapes
and cd's to listen to and/or play along with--Sonny Boy, Carey Bell,
Little Walter, Junior Wells (saw him a year or more ago with B.B. King,
Lonnie Brooks, Buddy Guy, et al--yeah, right here in little ole Tally
town--Blues is Big here, actually!)  Buddy Guy was here just a few weeks
ago, and I MISSED IT!  In fact, I need to post a note to Barry S. about a
guy he was asking about awhile back, Pat Ramsey.  I don't really know
him, but my sister has been the female singer in Crosscut Saw, the
Tallahassee band he was with, several years ago.  Small world, indeed!

	Well, I better quit.  It's a bit late, even for a "Nightsurfer"
like me.  And I'll dump the big-sig next time, too; but hey, you know
how weird one can get at four in the morning with all these compu-toys
beggin' you to play with them. %)  Till next.....
                                                     ____
 " CARPE NOCTEM ! "           [Night is for Net]    """"""  |HH /  HHHH