Re: D Harp

This question/comment about a particular key harp dying has been kicking about
in my head for a little while. I have had 4 Bflat Lee Oskars die over the last
year. Okay, it must be my abuse I thought. Then I started using a D harp when
practicing Just You Fool by LW but brought to the fore by Gary Primich.
Anyhow, after I was into working on this song (screech, wah,wah) I had this
great idea that I should get some spare reed plates PRONTO! I did. And those
plates are still in the bubble pack. The original D Lee Oskar has been
tortured and abused but keeps on keeping on! I don't know. Maybe is gets back
to having someone doing a great job with the metalurgy. Maybe you just get
lucky sometimes. One thing I noticed on the B flats was that every reed was
fractured not just flatted. Is that a testimony to true abuse? Note I meant
every "failed" reed.

Jim