VOTE: for a flameproof suit!!

Now was that a spectacular burst of noise or what?

I apologise for starting this replyToWhere thing and
for making it worse with a poorly worded call for votes.
Some people got the impression I was trying to make rules
for who should post where. That's my fault for not being a
little more clear. I was asking where you thought the reply
should go AUTOMATICALLY if you just hit reply. Either way,
the user has the choice. If the default is reply to list,
you can always email the original poster and if the default
is email to the original poster you can always post to the
list. I don't overly care which way it goes, it was just a
suggestion.

Let me tell you about the votes anyway. First off, excluding
votes where the question was misinterpreted, the majority
of Harp-L'ers like things the way they are now with the
default reply being to the list. But that's not what the
vote was for.

One of my arguements for replyToSender (other
than it being almost an Elvis song title) was that novice
users would not know how to reply to the poster. So I asked
for a vote to be emailed to me rather than posted to the
list to see how many people would post their votes to Harp-L
instead. Imagine my surprise when NO ONE voted to the list!
Yeah, there were a few public howls and yowls for discussion
but EVERY VOTE was emailed (excluding one vote posted before
being asked). Shot many holes in my arguement and impressed
the hell out of me.

So anyway, like I emailed a few people and I now tell you
all, I was just curious. I don't overly care which way the
replies go, but if it's good enough for Chris, it's good
enough. Sorry for the disturbance. And that is the ABSOLUTE
LAST I'll ever bother anyone on this subject.