Reply or Deny

I don't get it.  I thought we liked cybertalking to each other.  I
thought by having a list we look in on conversations, pick the threads we
want to respond to, and ignore the stuff that we want to ignore.  I don't
always appreciate unedited reproduced letters, but I only have to push a
button to get on with things.  That doesn't seem very difficult.  I
respond periodically to the list and off-list.  I decide based on whether
I think people would either enjoy what I have to say, learn from it, or
respond where I'm ignorant.  People can't do that if we make rules about
what can or can't go on the list.

And with rkt and Richard Rittenhouse, I've learned tons of stuff here
from responses to questions I never would have bothered with, or thought
I knew the answer to--from my first day on the list right up to today.

How tough is it to push a button that makes the next screen come up?

This is such a manageable list--but I'm sure it was easier before I butted
in.  My first message on the list my first day was about how much more
traffic there is on the list and how intimate it used to be.  Why don't
we just flame people randomly for posting?

	 Steve singin' them harp-l blues