Fat lower cover plates

The following is excerpted text from the harp-l of June 28, 1994.  I
think this is the explanation of the fatter lower cover on the Lee
Oskars.  I was the original poster of the info and it was obtained in a
phone conversation with Danny Wilson of Lee Oskar Harmonicas. I don't
have many new Lee Oskar's due to the fact that I have been using them so
long that all I ever buy are new reedplates.  Strangely enough I did buy
2 new harmonicas as spares in August of 1994.  An A and a C.  The C is
normal and the A of course has a lower cover plate that is deeper than
the top.
FJM