Re: Paul DeLay, Norton Buffalo

At 10:16 PM 3/5/95, Thomas Hinkle wrote:
>[bobbited for bandwidth, talking about Norton Buffalo]
>Anyways, so I hated
>the majority of his songs except for his solos and there were some sweet
>slide guitar solos.  He wasn't nearly as amiable as Delay was either.  He
>came across as a conceited, annoying guy with a horrible voice whereas
>Delay was humble and funny and played spectacularly.

I guess MB must have undergone a character transplant.  I met him when he
was playing with Roy Rogers (awesome slide player, mostly uses steel
Nationals) in San Fransisco, and he was a pleasure to talk and listen to.
He even gave me one of his custom Huangs with a bell metal comb.  He also
played some of the most incredible harp I have heard to this day.

Maybe you just caught him on a bad day.

If you can find any of the albums he put out with Roy Rogers, get them.
You will be in for a pleasant suprise!

>                        -Tom Hinkle-

   -- hugh