wood or wouldn't

Winslow asks why I don't like wood. Personal preference. I am not going
to blast wood as being an inferior substance. I know lots of harpers like
it better. I've never played a wood chromatic, but I've never liked any
diatonic with a wood comb. Probably because I have my tongue in contact
with the harp all the time when I'm playing the third method (block,
pucker, tongue). I've only disassembled one wood harp in my life and it
was not possible to put it back together due to the tiny little nails
no longer grabbing the wood. For what it's worth, I also shy away from
standard blues styles, so maybe that's a factor. Of course the last time
I played a harp with a wood comb was like 15 years ago and I couldn't
even play Love Me Do, so maybe it's time for another try.........