Re: 3 Draw Bent Down -- Help?

HARMONICA JOHN	San Diego  PO Box 740613 SD CA 92174 (619)263-6826

God, family, music, fishing, work.	 Can blue men play the whites?

On Fri, 30 Jun 1995 MDFUTATO@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I've been playing for about two and a half years.  I justr recently found
> this mail list.  Helpful and enjoyable.

Of course. That's because harmonica players are like that as opposed to
say-bodybuilders with too much steroids!

> I enjoy playing melodies in the 2nd position, but I need to improve my
> bending abilities. I can bend the 2 and 4 draw well enough.  I can bend the 3
> draw also, but the quality of the note(s) on 3 draw bent down is terrible.
>  If my kids are in the room just playing around while I'm playing, they
> immediately look up at me when I hit that 3 draw bent down!  Why the trouble
> with 3 draw bent down?  Solutions?  Good instructional material on bending?

Whatever the problem is, keep working on it. The 3 bent down a whole step
to the relative minor (ie A in C) is a very important note to master. I
draw your attention to "Christo Redemptor" as performed by Charlie
Musslewhite in 3rd position

HJ     JFRAZER@xxxxxxxxxxxxx