Re: Notation/Sequencing Software

On Thu, 22 Jun 1995, Thomas B. Colvin wrote:

>      That leads to a question:  for composition and self-accompaniment in
>      performance, what is the smallest and easiest to setup and run
>      configuration of hardware/software.  (I hate carrying lots of heavy

Alost any PC or Mac laptop can be made to work.  You can add to it an
external sound module.  Some of the best ones have a built-in interface,
so you don't need a MIDI unit.  I'm thinking of at least one box from
Yamaha, and two from Korg.  I think Roland has one with the build-in
interface too.  Anyway,  the computer,  external box (they're small too)
and software to taste and then you just need to connect to an
amplification system.  Whole thing could fit in a briefcase.

John