bird-trill

Have been practicing bird trills a little lately, trying to get the sound
of Gwen Foster on Bay Rum Blues I raved about a while back.  Closest
approximation I can get so far is by blocking the #7 hole and blowing
through #6 & 8 alternately, fast (by jiggling the harp & wobbling the
noggin).  This kind of center-blocked trill on various holes creates
some new sounds - kind of like your local pet shop.  But it ain't
quite the Bay Rum thing.  I get the feeling Foster's doing a DRAW
trill based on the sound he gets leading into it.  And Foster's
version is VERY fast.  Toodle-oo, chirpers...--Henry Gould