improving

There was a post I deleted by accident.  It was concerning improving and
who to listen to to get better.  I want to address this issue by saying:
You can listen to SBW I-II LW,  Sonny Terry,  Big Walter or anybody until
your ears fall off. I think you  will achieve the greatest gains through
listening to yourself.  You have to listen to yourself, and play the kind
of music that you hear in your head.  That is what you will be best at.
It is equally important, to listen to other instruments.  Do you all
really think the Walters and Williamsons got really good from listening
to only harmonica players?

The harmonica is not what everybody thiks it is.  It's not just a musical
instrument,  it's more of a medium in which to express yourself.  And in
realizing that point, that is where the most improvement comes from.
Music is language, a form of communication.  Big Walter,  Sonny Terry,
Little Walter,  Howard Levy are just dialects.  Learn them in order to
understand but be sure to understand the language.

Chris Michalek