Sitting on top of the World (was Jr. Wells review)

.
. Finally, a question.  I am listening to the Denon/Savoy CD "Climbin' Up" by
. Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry, specifically to "Sittin' Pretty", song #3.
.  This is "Sitting On Top Of The World" by Howlin' Wolf!  McGhee/Terry
. recorded theirs 5/3/52 according to the album.  Who came first? I believe
. Wolf recorded "Sittin'" later, but did he write it or did McGhee?
.
. tom fine
.
Sitting on top of the World is older than both McGhee and Wolf (although
probably only by a couple of decades). It was originally recorded by The
Mississippi Sheiks, soetime in the thirties. I'm not sure who actually
wrote it - it could be a traditional song.

Thanks for the detailed review. Looks like I'll be waiting for this one
to come to the public library or for a friend to buy it so I can borrow
it to hear it. Gimme" Hoodoo Man Blues" any day...

Steve Levine         "If you don't love the blues you must have a
slevine@xxxxxxxxxx    hole in your soul."
*******************                  -Jimmy Rogers