Net connect from home (was Re[2]: Byeeee)

Original Post:

 > >  I guess us users of the Internet with no cost or low cost
 > >  connectivity can be excessive in our postings.

Keith relied:

> I am in the process of getting a domain name and trying to
> find a cheap provider to get 56kb into my basement. I tell
> my wife that internet services is the cottage industry of
> the future, but the real reason is to improve my access to
> HARP-L.

Dedicated leased line connectivity doesn't come cheap. Carrier
charges and Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) will eat up your
disposable income pretty quickly. Switched digital access isn't
much better. The best solution in todays environment is to ask
your local Tel. Co. (PTT) about ISDN services. Motorola just
announced what they're calling the _Bit Surfer_ which is an ISDN
connection device (Not really a Modem) which will allow you to
run voice and data together (list price $429). The local Tel Co
will charge you about $30/month for the privilege.

I'm not a rep of either Motorola or a Tel Co. I just thought the
info was pertinent given the question.

Rich
Rich_E_Dowey@xxxxxxxxxxx