Tube mic/amps/speakers

Noted a couple of items I thought I might be of help on.  The "steely dan" mic
mentioned earlier this week was manufactured by Kent, as Hamonica Pick-up WC-17.
It had a nasty sounding little crystal element on one end and a volume control.
Originally made in Japan in the late-sixties and imported, these were quite
popular with the last harp boom of early 1970s.  I have one new in the box on my
list, and know where there are a few more that can be had.  Very funny little
mic set-up.  Also, there were some questions about amps and amp age, as well as
speakers.  For speaker replacement, I would strongly suggest Gary Onofrio at
203-397-8774.  He stocks the best selection of 6, 8 and 10 inch vintage
speakers, at reasonable prices, of anyone I've run into during my three years of
business.  Craig Swancy at Craig's Music is the expert on old amps as far as I'm
concerned, especially Gibson.  He does all the amp work for Sam Myers and about
everyone who is serious about blues here in Texas.  He is also the best amp tech
I've ever run into.  As for speaker reconing, I'd suggest Freeman-Tuell here in
Dallas, 214-324-1132.  They do great work for amp shops all over the country,
are reasonably priced, and great on turn around.
By the way, Rhino will be releasing "The Lost Paul Butterfield Sessions" on July
18th.  This is the first album the band recorded, before the debut album
released on Elektra.  Bloomfield had just joined the band.  It some great stuff,
with a Butterfield penned instrumental, the only one I know of on record.  Paul
Rothchild, who produced it as well as the first released album, and who sadly
passed away in March, unearthed the original master taped in the late 1980s and
remixed the album with his son Dan.  Watch for it!!