Re: high-end blues

According to Henry Gould:
.
. Thanks Steve, I think you may be right. The tape was labelled
. "Harmonica Blues".  Among other things, it's got the fastest
. "train sound" harp I've ever heard - and for the train whistle,
. he hums this off-key wail with his voice ABOVE the harp tone.
. There's also a great old-timey prohibition song - something
. about the "release gang" - with this oriole/redwing whatever
. trill sound that is unique.  I would second your recommendation
. to anybody who can find this Yazoo issue. --H.Gould
.

That must be the one. There are a couple of amazing train songs on that
compilation. The prohibition one is (I believe) "Bay Rum Blues."

Steve Levine         "If you don't love the blues you must have a
slevine@xxxxxxxxxx    hole in your soul."
*******************                  -Jimmy Rogers