Position Labeling

> 	On a C harnonica-1st pos.-C Straight harp
> 			2nd pos. G Cross harp
> 			3rd pos. Dm Slant harp
> 			4th pos. Am Relative minor
> 			5th pos. Em Double Cross harp

I think it would be wise to stay away from labeling the positions Cross,
slant, relative minor, etc.... as they have no real musical meaning other
than in the harp world.  Basically, I believe the accepted way to label
positions is by going around the circle of fifths.

				1=C
			   12=F	    2=G
	               11=Bb            3=D
                      10=Eb	          4=A
	                  9=Ab         5=E
		            8=Db     6=B
				7=F#

It's a crude circle I know, but you should get the general idea from this.
The circle of fifths is the base of all music theory. If you don't know it,
memorize it.  It will come in handy later.

Chris MIchalek