Re: shake/trill

At 12:03 PM 6/3/95 Mike Curtis wrote about ~shaking it up~ on harp
(adjacent hole warble):

>When playing by hand, I use both methods.  To my ear, there's no
>difference in sound.  I can shake my head as fast as I can my hands.  (Of
>course, I've had much more experience doing headshake, too :-)

After reading all the trill/vibrati stuff, I agree with Mike and Theo that
either works, but they can be indeed subtley or grossly different, not
necessarily better or worse. Practice might bring them closer together, but
the natural tendencies of any one person's musculature or bone or head or
hands or lips/oils also creates subtle differences between them (and
players in general), so I practice both and try to see what new
possibilities each provides, depending on my mood, what feels good.  But
just because something doesn't ~feel good~  right away is not always the
best reason to drop it (and it definitely ain't no man thang).

>I've seen excellent players using all manner of methods.  Faultfinding is
>not my strong suite, especially when IMO something works :-)

Here, here Mike !!  That was a nice one.

Harv <HAAndruss@xxxxxxx> -- 36 and a Taurus.  Not the car.

"..and I'll introduce you to a headache if you don't get out my face" -
Morris Day, on an early 80's  ~Time~ LP (I forget the song).