Archives, rust, organization, Po

I am a recent Harp-L'er and understand that long time members have seen many
questions before.  I think that sending someone to the archives is a good
idea if the subject has been covered in great detail.  However, I think that
it is only fair to at least include some idea of where to look in the
archives (e.g. month, year, issue #, etc.).   I don't think that people have
much problem looking for things in the archives provided they have a starting
point.

I have been playing Special 20's for years and have never had a rust problem.
 Plus, I now live in the Florida Keys where humidity is always high and
things rust very easily.  I usually just tap my harps out on my leg and wipe
the cover plates off.

I have one of the Hohner harp cases and find it works great.  Figure out what
organization in the case works for you and use it.  I play keyboards and
usually keep the harps I most frequently play up on the board.

As far as Popper....  I won't repeat what others have covered well.  But I
will add that Popper has definitly brought the harp to attention in the
 *new* music scene.  It is somewhat disheartening that today's *youth* (I use
it in a general sense, no flames please) really have no concept of what other
players exist.  Many people ask me what I think of Popper because they think
he is an awesome harp player, etc, etc.  When I ask back what they think
about Levy, Primich, McCoy, Musselwhite, Cotton, etc. I generally get a blank
stare response because people have never heard of these players!  I
personally feel that Poppers strength is his ability to create *signature*
licks to songs that are very melodic and interesting.  However, his *solos*
tend to be carbon copies. In other words, his solos lack the invention of his
*signature* licks.

Keep Blowin'
Van