Re: shake/trill and technical stuff

At 5:31 AM 6/4/95, John Frazer wrote:
>By the way, does anyone know the correct value and best manufacturer and
>part # for pots to install in :
>a. Shure bullet
>b: Astatic
>??

Oh no. What to do? Do I take a chance on answering this question which has
been beat to death around these parts more than once. What if someone
doesn't know what a pot or capacitor is and gets intimidated? Or, if I
refer John to the archives where he'll find the answer to every possible
mic/pot/cap question, will he become offended because I didn't spoon feed
him? Or I could be like some and offer another 10K post on this subject(8K
to define what a pot is), which seems like an especially good use of
bandwidth. I'm so perplexed.

John's question is answered in the archives. A lot of time is spent
generating responses to these often asked questions. I for one won't answer
a question more than once but usually will privately indicate the month or
range of months for when that question was answered and offer a keyword to
help in the search. Someday Harp-l will have it's own FAQ(it is in the
works).

When I was in school, there were a few times that I copied someone else's
homework and still got an A. It never seemed to mean as much though.

Rkt