Re: Music Man amps

I believe the front end of that amp is really solid state.  The single
12AX7 you see id the reverb driver and recovery tube.  I've always
thought of the Music Man amps as kind of sleeper guitar amps.  Good value
and all they might be a bit too loud for harmonica.  I'm also wondering
what the input impedance is on theses amps.  If you use an Astatic you
might be getting an impedance mismatch due to the solid state preamp.
Cheap is a good price for these amps.  $200 or less perhaps.  If I were
you I'd look into one of these Silvertones that Tim Moody and Bernie
Clarke like so well.  They're available and cheap here.  I saw a Vox
Pathfinder amp the other day that's got me intrigued.  A single 8"
speaker and an EL84 for the output.  Light and small running Class A.  I
bet it'd keep you warm in winter.  FJM