Yellow Pine

I'm going to Yellow Pine, Idaho, August 4, 5 & 6, to the YELLOW PINE
HARMONICA CONTEST AND MUSIC FESTIVAL.  I realize that the more I talk about
it, the more of you are apt to get interested in showing up, too.  But, you
know, I'll just have to take that chance.  You see, if more of you show up,
I'll have less chance of winning 1st prize, or any lesser ones, for that
matter.  Surprise!  My major reason for going isn't for the prizes, it's for
the chance to get together with other harpers.  I am getting so much good
info and moral support from Harp-L that I would find it a great joy to meet
you.

Speaking of getting together with other harpers, I'd like to apologize to
Bill Grogan for not getting back with info so we could compare musical notes
this last weekend.  Bill, I sent you a response right away, then found out
that I can't get there from here, through my AOL connection.  I was really
disappointed.  So, to prevent future like problems, I want to put a phone
number in here, to be used by any serious harper who happens to be going
through Apple Valley or Victorville, CA and wants to talk or play harp.  This
would be to be used only between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm, PST.  The number is
(619)247-7737.

By the way, I tried tongue blocking for a few minutes after watching my "John
Sebastian Teaches Blues Harmonica" for the umpteenth time.  Forget it!  I'm a
pucker person.  Taking a line from a recent top Country tune, "That's my
story and I'm stickin' to it!"

Enough for now.

Joey Carey  "It isn't where I'm going, it's how I'm getting there!"