Re: Beginners (long)(was: Defining blues)

     Dear Barry,

     If I missed your intended meaning, I'm sorry.  If we're in agreement, I'm
glad.  Some folks on the Internet in general seem to think that newcomers have
to be silent until spoken to, that "seniority" on a discussion group confers
privilege, that there's some kind of "pecking order" here.  That's an
attitude that will put new people off a list quick.  I've seen it elsewhere
(Prodigy and UseNet), and I don't want it to spread to Harp-L.

     Bill Hollan
     bhollan@xxxxxxx