shake/trill

Is a trill the same thing as a shake? Going back and forth quickly between two
notes?

I'd like other's opinions on this..I've had players tell me that if they see
someone doing a shake (trill) by moving the harp back and forth instead of
their head, then they know they don't know much about playing harp.

I've also read in one instruction book the exact opposite. The writer makes
fun of players who shake their brains around when doing this.

I prefer to move the harp cause it hurts my neck to shake my head, but I
understand the value of the headshake when using a mic. Is there some
technical reason I should shake my head and not the harp, or is this just some
harp players thing that separates the men from the boys for no apparent
reason? jen