 catalogues of harps and CDs and training tapes, etc.  I'd like to see them
 stay on the 'net.  Let's support them where we can!

                 ...john wick

Archive-Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 10:42:45 CDT
Sender: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 11:40:15 -0400
From: HarpSPAH@xxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Magizines??

John wrote
>I would like to know what the best Harp magazine is. If there are any
>devoted to the Harp? Could you please give me the name and Number of the
>Magizines! Thanks.

There are a few around.
They are each different and aim to cover different areas of harmonica
interest.

SPAH's newsletter is called HARMONICA HAPPENINGS (HH) and is directed
primarily at that.  Harmonica Happenings.  What is going on?  Where?  When?
 Who?  etc.  In addition there are some articles on playing techniques and
styles, but not nearly as much on those topics as you will find in AHN
(American Harmonica Newsletter) and HIP (Harmonica Information Press).
 HARMONICA WORLD (HW) is published overseas and contains a lot of information
about happenings in UK and Europe.  HARMONICA EDUCTOR (HE) contains a lot of
information for harmonica teachers.

I would sum up the publications as follows:

HH - cover's events coming up and past
AHN  - lot's of interviews, leans toward diatonic
HIP - lot's of how to improve
HW - UK and Europe happenings.
HE - Harmonica Education

In addition there is the EASY REEDING (ER) newsletter published by Hohner.
 Of course it focuses on Hohner related products, awards, endorsees, etc.
 There's nothing wrong with that.  That's there business.

Also there are many local club newsletters.

If I have forgotten any or not described any of the publications as the
publishers would prefer I appologize.  For details on any of these
publications contact:

HH - Bob Williams at SPAH,  HarpSPAH@xxxxxxx
AHN - Phil Lloyd,   Philharpn
HIP - Winslow Yerxa,  76450,3230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HW - Steve Jennings - 100010.1152@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HE - Richard Martin - Ri58066217
ER - not online

HARMONICA HAPPENINGS is published quarterly in 8.5" x 11" format and usually
contains 16-24 pages.  It is available by joining SPAH (The Society for the
Preservation and advancement of the Harmonica).  First year's membership is
$30.  $25 per year after that.

Thank You,
Bob Williams
The Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica.
Now in our 32nd year.