Popper emboucher

If Popper is a tongue-blocker, I'd guess he uses the center-hole tongue-block
technique, also called U-blocking in recent discussions on Harp-L.  I'm basing
my guess on his speed and the types of riffs he plays.  For me, U-blocking is
the fastest way I can play, and I tend to play ascending and descending riffs
spanning the holes contained within my lips.  Also, I saw Blues Traveler live,
and noticed that there was very little harp motion for all those notes,
giving his performance a "he makes it look easy" quality.  Those, too, are
characteristics of center-hole tongue blocking.
	-John Thaden	jjthaden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx