Re: walter and shel

According to the liner notes to the CD reissue of "Whose Muddy Shoes",
the harp player on John Brim's "Ice Cream Man" is John Dalton.

Dalton also plays on "Lifetime Baby".  Little Walter is credited with
playing on "You Got Me", "Rattlesnake" and "Be Careful What You Do".
The liner notes questimate that Snooky Prior "probably" plays on "Tough
Times".  The remaining nine cuts are by Elmore James and have no harp
although Mr. James is terrific.

The harp playing on "Ice Cream Man" is in first position, key of A.

Dan

P.S.  I spent most of the summer driving around the U.S. after I got laid
off.  I took my CD player and harps to pass the time.  I can still
remember playing LW's "Mercy Baby" while driving to Santa Fe.

P.P.S.  Two more great instrumentals from the Charly LW set: "Big Leg
Mama" and "Fast Boogie" both cross harp played on a Bb.