recommendation

Just thought I'd recommend something I've been listening to recently--"Hard
Goin' Up" (Stax, 1973) by Little Sonny (Aaron Willis). Little Sonny's
doesn't have great technique, but that's OK, for this album's mix of harp
and horns makes for some pretty sweet soul-blues. Does anyone know if
Little Sonny is still alive/performing? Blues Who's Who (1993 ed) suggests
he's now about 63 years old. Have also been listening to Dr. Ross. Now this
cat could blow and play everything in sight! I can't help but wonder what
one-man bands like him and Joe Louis Hill could have done if they'd had
access to the kind of technology available to someone like Prince....

Jose'