Re: Mic Mods

> On Thu, 19 Jan 1995, Mike Curtis wrote:
>

> > The JT-30 is considered to be omnidirectional, as is the Green Bullet.
>
>  I stand semi-corrected. Actually, Astatic's literature says the JT-30 is
> "semidirectional," although the Green Bullet is omnidirectional. I still
> think much of this debate has the scent of opinion to it, but I guess
> that's why God made different kinds of mics (grin).

All microphones exhibit at least some directional characteristics at
certain frequencies.  This is why I couched my statement with "considered
to be".  Astatics definition of "semidirectional", while being pragmatically
accurate, is not accurate in standard microphone nomenclature.  The JT-30
was not designed to cancel out sound from undesired directions.  (Key
words: DESIGNED and CANCEL)

BTW, I like your pun (semi-corrected vs semidirectional ;-)

 --  mike curtis