Little Walter

Tim,

I've also been listening a lot to Little Walter's "Don't Need No
Horse" since I got the "Essential Little Walter" CD set. Another big
fan of the tune is Kim Wilson, who copped the intro to kick off his
harp instrumental "Humpin' To Please" on his new Antone's CD, "That's
Life."

A lot of people, including Magic Dick, have also raved to me about the
Little Walter CD collection issued by Charly Records in the UK. It's
a couple of years old now and hard to find, but Little Walter fans
should pick it up if they run across it. It also includes a booklet with
interesting liner notes and some great photographs.

--Kim Field