Re: Good Feedback.

>   With all this talk about avoiding feedback, has anyone tried to use
> feedback productively.  I mean, guitarists in rock and roll will get a
> nice smooth feedback from their Marshall amps that sounds great.  I can
> sometimes get this but it is totally under control.  And more often than
> not, the feedback is a piercing, sharp whistle rather than a smooth
> progressive sound.  (Check the ending to "I, Alone" by Live to get a
> perfect example of long, drawn out guitar feedback.)

With guitar feedback, the sound is more or less controlled by the
strings.  You can get a somewhat musical quality.

With harp, it's mostly controlled by leakage, not reeds.

Too bad... if there were some way to control the pitch of the feedback,
it might be something to experiment with.

-- mike curtis
wd6ehr@xxxxxxxxxx