Re:Polls

Thanks for all the good info harp-l'ers. Alot of info since New Years.
I enjoyed the polls although the polls were heavily influenced by the blues
side of harp playing. This is fine and certainly shows that most of us grew up
on what Muddy Water's sang "the BLUES had a baby and they called it rock and
roll" but it was good to see some other players/styles mentioned.

Might be interesting to have an acoustic style blues vs electric category,
maybe a nonblues diatonic versus chromatic category, and a technical/virtuoso
versus stylistic players and composers. One player I did not see mentioned is
Wash D.C.'s Phil Wiggins - he can blow some awesome blues/super licks/great
style and hand effects and great tone all on a vocal microphone. He has been
playing in the duo Cephas and Wwiggins for many years. They have 4/5 cds.  He
NEVER uses an amp.

I bring this up in part because there is alot of discussion about amps (me
included).  Sometimes I feel like just selling all (maybe not all) my electric
stuff-pedals,amps,mikes,outboard devices and just use a vocal mike. You know
keeping it simple.

Anyway it was a great idea to do the poll and will hopefully help all of us
when looking for recordings/performers to learn from or emulate.