OCTAVE DIVIDER

     QUESTION FOR Mike Curtis (re your post yesterday) and other harpers:
     Can you share a bit more about your experience with the octave
     divider?  why do you use it?  do you keep the effect on all the time,
     or cut it in and out?  what effect does it have on your sound?  Can
     you adjust the octave blend, i.e. independently increasing/decreasing
     the volume of the doubled note in order to shape the blend?  what
     make?

     About 15 years ago I experimented with octave dividers in a music
     store and they didn't add a thing.  The store techies said the box
     couldn't effectively process the signals -- the harp sound was too
     thin and high-pitched, they said, and the box also was not very good
     at handling signals coming from a mic.  I gave up that line of
     exploration.  Guess I gave up too easily -- or the technology has
     changed.  I was trying to find a clean but fuller bodied sound
     appropriate for main stream jazz.  I'd still like to find that elusive
     sound I'm looking for, but I admit I haven't been searching very hard
     in recent years.

     Thanks for whatever comments and observations you all may have.

     tomcat