Thierry Crommen & Belgium

     The arrival to this list yesterday of Kris Bries from Belgium
     (welcome, Kris!) reminds me of an extraordinary harp player from
     Belgium, Thierry Crommen.  I heard him in a duo with guitarist Jacques
     Stotzen at the International Championships in Trossingen in '93.  Does
     anyone know about him, his background, what he's up to now -- and does
     he have any recordings (and where to order them!).

     Here are my brief impressions of his performance at Trossingen.
     Stotzen played acoustic finger-style guitar -- the material was fast,
     intricate, lots of challenging chord changes.  Crommen joined with
     lots of fast unison passages and would occasionally break out on top
     with improvised choruses.  He's more in the Howard Levy world music
     camp -- not so much blues -- but with plenty of bent notes and
     overblows.  Very impressive.  Unfortunately, he played on the last
     night and I wasn't able to get any info about him.

     tomcat