Re: Dave Matthews Band and John Popper

>And now for something completely different:
>I heard a tune on a Boulder Colo. station the other day and I swear it was
>John Popper.  Same riffs and style, but the lead singer wasn't John and the
>band was announced as the Dave Mathews Band.  Anybody heard of them?  And
>who's playin' harp?
>nufsaid....    dick....

Finally, a question even I can answer.  Yes you are not mistaken, that is
John Popper.  Dave Matthews was the opening band for Blues Traveler for a
bunch of dates on their last tour.  Unfortunately, that is the only song
Popper plays on their new album called "Under the Table and Dreaming."  If
you are a fan of rock music, this is probably the best new band out there.

For other guest appearances of John Popper, see the song "Lost my Mule in
Texas" by Col. Bruce Hampton & the Aquarium Rescue Unit on the album
"MIRRORS OF EMBARRASSMENT".  This is one of Popper's most structured solo,
quick and tidy- no sloppy runs on the upper register.

-Ben

Ben Majchrzak
benmaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Northwestern University