RE: I never hear Lee Oskar...

I'd try changing the reed offset on the number three draw.  What you
describe sounds like what I call choking.  I can do it on purpose but it
won't sustain.  I play with a fairly wide offset when using Lee Oskars.
In talking to Joe Filisko he seemed to concur with my conclusion that Lee
Oskars played more evenly with a wider offset than worked with Hohners.
His theory is that the Lee Oskar reeds are thinner and therefore have less
spring and mass.  The Hohner reeds are thicker and harder to pull down into
the
airstream so they need to be closer to the plate.  The thinner Lee Oskar
reeds get pulled more easily into the airstream and stop if they get
stuck in the middle posistion flat with the plate.  What does this have
to do with your problem.  My guess (stress guess) is that the reed is
stopping and starting in combination with the blow reed.  the blow reed is
the one that's actually sounding on the bend anyway.  Kind of like an
oscillation that's relative to the frequency you're trying to sound.  I
realize this explanation is less than lucid.  I'm trying to  explain
something that I have a tenuous grasp on at best. The other two things
that might work would be to adjust the blow reed offset higher or play
with less breath.  I'd try the draw first though.  Practice on old reed
plates first.  The thing to avoid is bending the reed from the fixed
end.  You're trying to ard it rather than bend it at an angle.
Too much offset and the reed will be hardto initiate too little and it
will choke and stop completely with very little breath pressure.  FJM