Re: Bad advice or not?

Embouchure per my old dictionary has two definitions for Music:

a. the mouthpiece of a wind instrument, especially when of metal.

b. the adjustment of a player's mouth to such a mouthpiece.

The second definition seems to indicate more than just the lips and should
probably include the whole oral cavity, throat etc.etc. That said it
seems to me (again) that everything you do to produce a note happens from
the lips back when playing to a metal mouthpiece. Once the air leaves the
lips after having been adjusted by the mouth, throat, etc. it goes to the
instrument. Now IMHO the reed plates/comb of the harp would equal the
"mouthpiece". Therefore I would think the difference in air space between
the mic and the harp would not be part of the "b" definition of embouchure.

Jim (screesh-waw)