Re: which chromatic

> Other than that, what are the differences? The 64 Chromonica, Larry
> Adler and the Super 64 Chromonica seem pretty similar (assuming a
> misprint). What are the differences? And why is a Super 64X $75 more?

 The Super 64X is $75 more because it uses a fancier comb, more expensive
metals and double-thick reeds on the lowest notes (makes them
substantially louder, I have been told). The 64 and the Larry Adler are
identical except for the engraving on the face plates (or so I've been
told) and the Super 64 has a slightly different shape that some folks like.

 All of the 16-hole harmonicas have 64 reeds.

 Suzukis and Huangs are made by the same manufacturer. There are
differing opinions as to who puts out the "good" one.

 If I was just getting into chromatics - particularly if I was playing
blues style and cupping a mic in my hand - I'd start with a 12-hole. You
might want to look at Hering chromatics, available from F&M Farrell Co.
(don't have the number here but I'm sure someone else has it). They're
fairly cheap to boot. They're made in Brazil. I have a 16-hole one that I
like a lot (although I find myself drifting back to 12-hole models
because I use the lower octave so little).