Re: SHOCKING! I & II

One help I've found when all else fails is to tie all the equipment
together by wire.  find an unused 1/4" input jack and use your spare
cables to loop all the amps together.  Of course, you'll first want to
make sure it won't draw a lot of current - in some cases, it will draw a
direct short circuit!  Does nasty things to cables - but better them
than you!

I've also used plastic bags over microphones, but you're a WHOLE lot
better off finding and fixing the problem.

Commenting on the guitarist with the unclipped strings - I know this is a
harp list, but most of us work with guitarists (even though my guitarist
is me :-) - I've never been able to figure out why anyone would leave
these potential eye pokers on their guitar.  I used to do it when I
couldn't afford spare strings, just in case one broke at the tailpiece,
but that was long ago.  Today, I clip mine (actually, I bend 'em off with
needlenose pliers - hardened steel strings are too hard for most wire
cutters) to about 3/8" on my Strat.  My Fender Coronado has Schallers,
with the hole in the center of the post for the string end.  Ti use these
properly, you HAVE TO trim the string.

 -- mike