re: SHOCKING! I & II

Kim-
The exact same thing happened to my roomate when he grabbed a microphone from
me when I'd just bought a used Fender Tuber and, whaddaya know, the previous
boneheaded owner took out the ground.  I replaced the ground with a new plug
from the hardware store and problem solved.  I wouldn't cut corners when you
plug it into a place where the outlet's only 2-prong- take the 3 minutes to
screw in a grounding plug to the wall socket's screw; even this is not failsafe
as some socket mounting hardware won't give you much of a ground, but it's
better than nothing.  - Mark