Re: SHOCKING!

At 9:34 PM 2/23/95, Steve Price wrote:
>Karl the bass player thereafter always would chant "check your polarity,
>check your polarity"

I thought that was Mr Spock's line?  Or was that "reverse the polarity"?
Damn good advice, anyway.

I agree wholeheartedy with Barry - we all joke about it, but musicians die
every year from badly set up equipment.  And it isn't just your own gear -
in the last two weeks I've been bitten by two house rigs.

In both places the owners seemed totally unconcerned - "Oh, I've been
meaning to get someone to look at that".  I suggested that a law suite
would be considerably more inconvenient and expensive than paying an
electrician, which convinced them.

Karl is right - check your polarity!  I'd suggest you check everyone elses
as well.  And if you get zapped by a house rig, bitch the owner out in no
uncertain terms!

   -- hugh "that is illogical" messenger

--
| Hugh  - Vice President and System Manager  -   Net Results, Inc. |
| Messenger  -  Senior Systems Admin  -  Southern Network Services |