SHOCKING!

An interesting thing happened last night at a jam/band practice, and I
was wondering if anything remotely similar has happened to anyone here.
I was playing my stock Astatic JT30 VC through my Fender Blues Deluxe.
We were playing in a carpeted room (a point that will make sense) in
our socks.  Anyway, I put down the mike and decided to sit out the
"Twisted Sister medley" that began.  My guitarist asked if he could use
the Astatic as a vocal mike, and since we had been for the blues and
country stuff, I said sure, just asked him to keep the feedback off.
I've heard that can crack the crystal (is that right?).  Anyway, he had
his live guitar still strapped to his chest, reached for my mike, and got
a jolt/shock.  I thought it was pretty funny, but then I thought about
it, and figured that it was probably static electricity rather than the
mike casing actually being hot from the amp.  But if it is, should I
worry about electrocution?  I wasn't getting any jolts from the mike the
entire night, but when I was holding it, I reached over to the guitarist
to get his attention, accidently made contact with a tuning knob, and
zap!  Got a blast.  So is there a difference in electricity flowing
through a guitarist and a harpist, or is it the transferrance of
electricity from the amp to the mike?  I checked the mike to see if there
were any exposed wires hitting the casing, but couldn't see any
directly.

My hair is standing on end here,  any help is appreciated.

Kim