Re: alzheimers

> 	I'd tell you a joke about Alzheimer's disease....
> But I've forgotten it. :-)

Actually, Alzheimers is a very sensitive issue for many.  It is much more
than just memory loss.  Alzheimers sufferers are perhaps the most to be
pitied of humankind.  The disease robs one of oneself.  Relatives of
Alzheimers patients go through a lot, too.  I'm certain that many with
close relatives, friends, etc., with Alzheimers would probably be greatly
offended by its trivialization.

Among my customers are a couple of "convalescent homes" that have
Alzheimers patients.  It's heartrending to go there.  It seems that the
disease leaves just enough of their mind intact so they know how bad
their minds have become, so they can be tortured by it.

 -- mike