Re: Whistles

On Tue, 21 Feb 1995 koryta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:>

> Is there a Wilber's Whistles like Kevin's Harps? I mean where can I
> get one of these great things?? Somewhat seriously!

 Hi Jim,

 	First off I have to say that I write form England. The only
music shop I have heard of in the USA other than Kevin's Harps, is
Manny's in N.Y. (A work mate brought me a black Manny's Music Store
T-Shirt last year from his holidays, I wear it with a great POSE!):-)

On several occasions I have posted the full address of Dave Mallinson's
Music and and Minstrels Music, here in England. They should be in the
Archives somewhere. Use my name as a serch path.

Both will do overseas mail order. Dave's shop sends stuff all over the
world every week. He is a VERY big name in the Pro. side and a world
reknown melodion player.

If you wish I can ask a friend of mine in Washington DC for info on
music shops in the USA that sell folk music instruments. It's no good
going to shops (stores) the sell rock band gear thats for sure.

E-Mail me if you want more help.

I should for the sake of completion have mentioned Overton Aluminium
whistles. Now, they *ARE* expensive, but thet are so strong that you can
even throw them on the floor.

I even saw Stephan Hannigan, the Irish Piper, whistle player,  cittern
player, bohran player virtuoso, STAND on one with one foot in a workshop
session as a demeo of their strength!

Trouble is he's SUCH a nice gentle, shy guy, you cann't hate him for his
talent!

And I *STILL* think their ought to be a faq with a list of main instrument
suppliers on both sides of the pond.

Questions of where to buy stuff crop up so often (Did you see that Chris?)

Anyway mail me (anyone) if you want more help. Its a pleasure.
Gordon

	  ****This computer works perfectly until accessed.****

  -----"Its no good talking to me, its just the same as talking to you."------
							Bob Dylan.