Re: 55S

>>My brother inlaw gave me this old mic. It's says- MODEL 55S
>suercardioid
>UNIDYNE unidirectional dynamic microphone.....SHURE >BROTHERS,
INC..CHICAGO,
>U.S.A.
>
>>Has anyone ever used one and what did you think?
> sorry also it says multi inmpedance. It has a screw type adjuster
that
>pivets between HML (High Med? Low)?
>
>P.A.D.
I have three of these microphones.  They are very good mics, but not
very directional.  They are best when singing from a distance of about
six inches, so they have to be louder in order to get the stage volume.
These were a very popular vocal microphone and a very fragile.  Do not
drop it on the stage!  I would not use it as a hand held harp mic, but
they do work nicely for doing acousic stuff through the PA.  Shure
still makes replacement cartriges for them.

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin'.  I'll tell everything I know." - SBWII