Blues Revue

This may not be "news" to many of you on the list, as you are undoubtedly
well acquainted with the few blues publications which are available.(I say
"few" because my local newsstand regularly stocks only Living Blues, Blues
Revue, and Blues Access. Somehow, the issue of HIP with Howard Levy on the
cover snuck onto the shelf, but this was surely an aberration....)
Anyway, I'd like to recommend Blues Revue for its expanded harp coverage.
The last couple of issues (and maybe more) have included articles and
reviews by Tom Townsley, a harpist out of Syracuse who formerly played with
Cold Shot. (The name of his present band escapes me, but you can hear Cold
Shot on the compilation "Salt City Blues.") Townsley's writing combines the
knowledge of a practicing musician with a felicitous style.And you'll get
more reviews of harp albums (yeah I still call them albums, Luddite that I
am) than any other general blues mag.The other articles are pretty damn
good too. Check it out.