Movie Score Harp

re:

>From: "beruv001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <beruv001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Ginger Ale Afternoon

>Also, are there any other film
>scores that bring the harp to the fore?
>Thanks,
>JCB

////////////////

I'm really surprised that folks haven't yet jumped on this
opportunity to show off their Trivial Pursuit chops (Harp
Edition).

Okay, I'll take "Movie Score Harp" for $40, Eric...

* Fred Neil's classic "Everybody's Talking" for "Midnight Cowboy."

* Stan Ridgeway and Stewart Copeland's theme for "Rumblefish."

* Mickey Raphael backing Willie Nelson live throughout his C&W love
  story "Honeysuckle Rose."

* Ed O'Neill ("Married... with Children"'s Al Bundy) driving down
  the road practicing blues harp in "Dutch."

* Joe Seneca as the grizzled old harp player Willie Brown in the
  regrettably wasted "Crossroads."

* Joey, the shell-shocked POW, single-handedly inventing the
  prison-barracks-harmonica genre in "Stalag 17."

* Need I mention "The Blues Brothers"?  (Should I?)

I suppose I should also mention an obscure rodeo documentary
called "The Great American Cowboy" that was released in very
small theaters for about three days many years ago.  If anyone
ever saw this, that was me playing those incredibly soulful,
lilting, and inspirational minutes of harp on that soundtrack,
which was notable primarily because it was the only harmonica gig
I ever heard anyone actually getting through having a card on
file down at Local 6.

"Movie Score Harp" for $60, anyone?  B*