Re: Piezo mike

> I recently was given a Piezo Dynamic Microphone DX-62 and I love it. It
> has an on/off switch, is rectangular in shape, looks like it was made in
> the 1950's, and sounds wonderful. It was purchased in a junk shop for
> $14, and is the best mike I've ever used.
> Anyone else got one?

Strange terminology.  "Piezo" (pronounced "pee-AY'zoe") would be either
crystal or ceramic (or similar pressure/electrical sensitive material;
today we have piezoelectric plastic, etc.); "dynamic" is always used in
microphone nomenclature to indicate a moving coil in a magnetic field.

Is the brand name "Piezo"??  Or maybe it has dual elements?  (Kind of
unlikely, especially in the 50's)

A lot of the older microphones are very midrangey, with poor bass
response and treble response.  Terrible for voice and hi fi, but exactly
what many like in the way of harmonica amplification.

 -- mike