Hendrik Meurkens Live

TO: internet:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last summer Hendrik Meurkens played a live set at the 1994
Concord Jazz Festival, as part of the Charlie Byrd Brazilian jazz
ensemble. Waiting for a connection who was seriously late, I
missed the set, but hung with hendrik to watch the rest of the
show, which was excellent.

Now Concord records has released a double CD set of the show,
including the set I missed. I can't say what it's like, but I do
know from other occasions that Hendrik is even better live than
he is on records.

This should show up in major stores in the next several weeks. If
you like Hendrik's playing, check it out.

Winslow Yerxa
Harmonica Information Press