Re: Those higher notes

Kevin, let me explain my reasons for disliking Mr. Popper more than a
little.  His lack of resemblance to Big Walter Horton is not however one
of these reasons.  I have unfortunately read more than one interview
with Mr. Popper.  He comes off as more than a little arrogant and self
serving.  In one of the interviews he describes a motorcycle accident
that he had. This accident was the result of his high rate of speed at
the time of the accident.  If you listen to him he makes it sound as if
he was cutoff by another vehicle and bravely managed to lay the bike down
thereby saving the day.  As a current motorcycle rider I find his
representation of the accident irresponsible at best.  Immature.  He
screwed up he should own it.  His playing although somewhat unique is
poorly articulated and lacks inspiration.  I find myself listening to
Blues Traveler thinking that I like this band, now if they only had a
decent harmonica player.  I must admit to not being a fan of the pop
genre of Rock and Roll.  Big Walter Horton is one of my harmonica heros,
but he's dead.  I am constantly looking for inspired new harmonica
musicians.  Big Walter imitators do not qualify.  Neither does John
Popper.  I'm glad you like Mr. Popper.  Don't make the mistake I made and
read an interview and you'll probably do fine with him.  FJM